If you are looking for solutions to fix “thread stuck in device driver” error in windows OS, then this guide is perfect for you.
There are different methods to fix “thread stuck in device driver” error in windows 10 and other windows versions.
Must Read: How To Get Help In Windows 10 – Best Guide 2017
First of all, you need to know:
- What is “Thread Stuck In Device Driver” error in windows?
- What are reasons of “Thread Stuck In Device Driver” error in windows OS?
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
What is “Thread Stuck In Device Driver” error in windows?
- “Thread Stuck In Device Driver” error is also known as 0x100000ea error. Users face this error mostly after installation of windows Operating System.
- It is usually caused by a faulty video driver file or some other driver files. May be a hardware up-gradation of your system is responsible for this error.
- Your windows screen will turn into a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) error screen, when this error will happen in your system.
- All your unsaved data and files will be lost after this error. You need to restart your system to get back to normal working condition.
- Solutions present in this guide will work for all versions of windows OS like Windows 10, Windows 8 or 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.
Reasons of “Thread Stuck In Device Driver” Error
These are some reasons of “thread stuck in device driver” error in windows OS.
- Damaged Device
- Damaged Video Card
- Incompatible Driver with Newly Installed Hardware
- Faulty Device Drivers
- Old Device Drivers
- Outdated BIOS
- Heating of Computer
But this error is mostly due to some device driver file. It may be due to sound card driver or video card driver files.
Different Methods to Fix “Thread Stuck In Device Driver” Error
- Method 1: Update Graphics (Video Card) drivers / Update Sound (Audio Card) drivers
- Method 2: Install Latest Windows Updates from Microsoft
- Method 3: Set Hardware Acceleration to Zero
- Method 4: Update Motherboard BIOS
- Method 5: Control Computer Temperature
- Method 6: Replace Power Supply
- Method 7: Replace Video Card / Sound Card
- Method 8: Repair Damaged System Files By Installing Fresh Copy of Windows OS
Now follow detailed instructions below to fix “thread stuck in device driver” error in windows OS.
Method 1: Update Graphics (Video Card) Drivers / Sound (Audio Card) Drivers to Fix “Thread Stuck In Device Driver” Error
- Corrupt and outdated video drivers and sound drivers are the main reasons for “thread stuck in device driver” error. You can solve this problem by updating your graphics (video) and sound (audio) drivers to the latest versions.
- Check your device manufacturer’s website and get the latest versions of your device drivers. By downloading or updating your drivers from manufacturer’s website is the best way to fix this error in your windows OS.
- If you can’t install driver updates manually then you need a third party software to install device drivers automatically. My recommendation is to use Driver Easy or Driver Talent. You can also use some other drivers finding tools of your choice to do this task.
- Just install any third party driver finding tool, scan your system and update or repair device drivers to latest versions. By using third party software, you can also update all drivers of your system.
Method 2: Install Latest Windows Updates from Microsoft
- By updating your windows OS to the latest updates from Microsoft, you can also get rid of “thread stuck in device driver” error. Just install all available updates from Microsoft.
- Type “windows update” on start menu search bar, click on windows update. “Windows Update” menu will display. You can also access “Windows Update” from Control Panel. Make sure your system update settings set to “install updates automatically”.
- Click on “Check for Updates” and your system will start downloading updates from Microsoft server and install it after system restart. This method to update windows to latest version can also fix “thread stuck in device driver” error.
Method 3: Set Hardware Acceleration to Zero
This error can also be solved by setting hardware acceleration to zero or none. By doing hardware acceleration to none, your video card performance may be down.
Follow steps below to do this:
- Click on Star menu.
- Type “Display” in search bar.
- Select “Display” from the list.
- A new window will appear. Click on “Change display settings” on the left side.
- Screen resolution settings will display. Click on “Advanced Settings”.
- Graphic properties window will display. Go to troubleshoot tab.
- Click on “Change settings”. Display Adapter Troubleshooter will display.
- Simply drag the hardware acceleration slider to none.
- Now restart your system to effect the changes to take place.
Method 4: Update Motherboard BIOS
- Updating your BIOS to the latest version can also fix this error in windows. But this method is generally no recommended.
- It is not easy for a common computer user to update system BIOS. You need to do some little research on internet according to your device manufacturer model.
- Check your computer motherboard company website to get further details on updating motherboard BIOS.
- Do some research on Google to update computer BIOS otherwise you need to contact some technical person to do this task.
Method 5: Control Computer Temperature
- Overheating of your computer can cause this error in windows OS.
- Your graphic or sound card devices can generate more heat while processing different system tasks.
- Make sure your system remain cool while processing heavy tasks on your system.
- Clean your UPS and fans to run your system smoothly otherwise you need to replace your UPS to latest one to solve this error.
Method 6: Replace Power Supply
- If you are using desktop computer, then power supply can cause BSOD error on your system.
- Mostly BSOD errors can also cause by old quality of power supply.
- You need to replace your old power supply to new one to get rid of “thread stuck in device driver” error in windows OS.
Method 7: Replace Video Card / Sound Card
- If all above solutions don’t work for you, then you need to replace your video card or sound card.
- Install a new video or sound card to your system and check this problem will continue or not.
Method 8: Repair Damaged System Files By Installing Fresh Copy of Windows OS
- It is possible that some system files in windows may be damaged or corrupted. You need to repair them to get rid to this error.
- Best way to repair damaged system file is to install a new and fresh copy of windows OS on your system.
- By installing new copy of windows OS, your system will get new files. New installation of windows may solve this problem.
So here is a quick recap to refresh your memory:
- Update Video / Sound drivers and other windows drivers.
- Replace video / Sound card and power supply to computer.
- Update Motherboard BIOS / set hardware acceleration to zero / Control PC temperature.
- Install fresh copy of Windows OS to resolve this issue.
Also Read: How To Fix “Thread Stuck In Device Driver” Error In Windows 10 – The Definitely Guide 2017
I try my best to sort out all possible solutions of “Thread Stuck in Device Driver” Error. Follow above methods to check out which method work for you.
If you find this article useful, please give your comments below to provide feedback and updates.
- How To Fix:KMode Exception Not Handled Error In Windows 10
- How To Disable Fast User Switching In Windows 10 – [2017 Guide]
- How To Get Help In Windows 10 – Best Guide 2017
- How To Set CPU Priority To Prefer Foreground Apps In Windows [Updated Guide 2017]