If you’re planning to install an artificial grass by yourself, then there are important points you shouldn’t forget. These tips will ensure you that the installation procedure goes as smoothly as possible.
1. Color Matching –Artificial grass is produced in dye patches to give the grass more natural and realistic look. The only problem to this is many times 2 batches of artificial grass come in miss-matched color. It is best to ask the manufacturer to provide you with same color shades if you’re going for multiple pieces of artificial grass.
2. Surface Preparation – It is important to have a solid surface foundation before you begin installing the artificial grass. Follow these simple steps –
- Soil needs to be fine by killing the area with weed.
- Create a boundary for the new lawn around the perimeter by using wooden battens.
- Then roughly level the area by getting rid of any debris and bumps.
- After levelling the area, add 7 to 12mm of crushed rock to make the surface even smoother.
- Level the area again with wooden batten or heavy roller. In the end, add fine samples of sand, wetting the surface lightly and repeat this procedure 2 more times.
3. Seamless Joins – The trick for the artificial grass to be perfectly flat is to leave it flat for around 2hrs. If you don’t do leave them flat, then the join is visible which makes the artificial grass useless.
Pool landscaping in Sydney service providers also recommend using artificial grass.